Overheard the kid's swim coach the other night talking to the kids and she said "Hard work beats talent when talent is not working hard". I really like this quote!
Last weekend, the kids competed in their first USA swim meet here in California - overall they did amazing! We haven't seen rain here in California for 46 straight days.... until last Friday night -- the first day of the meet. Saturday was nice and Sunday.... RAIN and WIND.
On Thursday, Graham swam fifty 50's on the 0:50. his face was a little red when he finished :) and some crumbs from the Hot Chocolate treat night :) you can see Helen in the back of the photo grabbing some goodies too!
boys started band this week --- Graham chose trumpet and Jayden chose trombone --- the little woodwind inside me is crying
i made some photo collages from the weekend's swim meet --- radar just before boys swam on Friday night... the pile of laundry from the meet on Sunday. I worked the check-in table on Friday night and put my backpack in a garbage bag to keep it dry. Sunday was a double-rain coat kind of day!
i had to bake 50 potatoes for the swim team concession stand --- I didn't mind though, turned on the oven just before I left for my run on Sunday morning @ 4:30am - ugh! But I did end up beating the rain for the day!
Graham's race bling - Graham swam a 5:59 in the 500 free! crazy fast!!
Helen was the most decorated swimmer of the meet - earning 5 A standard times!!
Jayden's race bling --- I know that he earned at least 3 Junior Olympic time cuts -- -I haven't looked at his results from Sunday --- this swimming book-keeping is a full-time job :)
Jilly's swim bling
my sweet girl told me she wasn't too old for the baby swing
found this dress for Jilly's birthday, but Ross said no.... a little too creepy?
new Nuun Ambassador running gear - yay!
pink sunset at the pool
kids played a valentine's day game at the pool tonight for practice.
been craving steamed veggies lately --- love the colorful carrots! Ross says the house smells like stinky broccoli :)
Every Friday, the kids have a half-day of school - today we rode our bikes around town and stopped at the pottery shop to make some cereal bowls. It was fun to watch the kids create their own bowls.
Helen's design
I learned that helping a lefty paint can be...... well, a challenge :) she wanted to make a rainbow bowl, of course ...... you know for Rainbow Dash My Little Pony
Graham helps Helen put the finishing touches on her bowl
No comments:
Post a Comment