http://www.enduropacks.com/
Enduropacks is a great product for endurance athletes - they have a great electrolyte spray that I use on my longer runs and I've been so good about taking these vitamins. The vitamins are in liquid form, which I prefer. The amino acid patch and glutamine recovery keep my legs feeling great especially after a hard workout.
Signs are spring are slowly arriving here in Michigan - FINALLY!
I've had a great week of training and I'm ready to head into my birthday week --- here's to turning 38!
This afternoon, I had a GREAT training run. Ross and I got a babysitter for the kids and ran together for most of the run.... Today, I set out to do 13 miles @ a 7:15 pace (I have a half marathon coming up on April 13th and 7:15 is my goal pace). We had 16 miles total to run today as part of our May marathon training (we're following Hansons Marathon Method). We warmed up for the first mile, then started right into the 13 mile Tempo. I'm not going to lie, there were a few points where I didn't know if I could maintain the 7:15 pace both mentally and physically --- but I did it! And I'm really so proud of myself, I was able to refocus mentally a couple times when I started to doubt. There were a few hills on our route too , so those were a little tough. I stopped briefly @ mile 14 - to catch my breath after completing the tempo portion of the run. I ran an 8:30ish mile and then finished super strong with a 7:25 last mile (my marathon pace is 7:26). At the half marathon mark of our run, I looked down at my watch to find that I had just beat my half-marathon PR (1:35) from last spring! I'm so excited to see what I can do on April 13th!!! Overall pace for 16 miles was 7:21 --- a little ahead of my marathon pace and I felt really strong at the end of 16 miles. I felt like I could continue for a few more miles ..... 10 more miles? maybe :) I quickly came into the house, changed clothes and grabbed a peanut butter sandwich as was off to the pool for a 1 hour swim. (part of my Ironman training)
Here's a few training highlights from this week:
loving the Nutri Bullet that I bought at the LA Marathon!
Tuesday's workout was in the basement - ugh! 1.5 hour ride and a track workout on the treadmill.
On Thursday, Ross surprised me with tickets to the Jillian Michaels show! I had no idea that he was sending me there --- he put an address in his TomTom and told me to drive to the destination -- it was dinner and the show. I loved it!
7 miles @ 7:17 overall pace on Friday ---- so happy to be outside and needed a visor instead of a winter hat!!! note - visor was needed due to rain :(
Saturday morning, I did a brick workout - one of the first ones of my Ironman Boulder training (I haven't been able to do a few of the brick workouts due to travelling for the kid's swim meets and my May marathon training). I biked for 1.5 hours and then ran a mile on the treadmill @ 7:50ish pace (my half-ironman goal training pace). My legs felt great coming off the bike ---- I only did a mile because I had an 8 mile marathon training run later that day. Felt so good to get that brick workout done before 7:30am on Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment