kids had a great swim meet today despite the weather outside.... snow, sleet, rain, super sloppy wet snow, more rain, more sleet ........ but hey, it's February 1st ---- good bye January!!!!
some preliminary stats from today --- jilly rocked her backstroke today --- even the referee commented on how much her backstroke has improved over the last few weeks :) jayden broke 2 team records - 500 Freestyle and 200IM. Graham improved his 500 Freestyle time and went sub-7 minutes -- this will get him a great seed-time from Regionals. Helen also swam the 500 Freestyle today and improved her time. Both boys swam the 1650 again --- hence my blog title "Endurance Parents raising Endurance Children" Jillian also informed me tonight that she swam her 50 Free on her tummy - she didn't need to do the second 25 yards on her back. She was very proud of herself!
As promised, I have a bunch of photos to share from the swim meet today. I got a new fancy camera (fancy for me!) - Nikon D3100. I'll be honest - there are so many features on the camera that I'm a little overwhelmed but in time hopefully I'll figure out how to really use it!
warm ups
jillian trying to explain to her coach that the pool was too "wavy" for her to take a breath while swimming :) ---- maybe she won't be a triathlon girl after all!
boys warming up
..... real record breaking boys wear pink and purple swim caps and goggles :) yes, this is what the boy's relay team has decided to wear to their conference, state, and zone meet.... these are the same boys that live on honeybuns and pizza!
jayden getting some instruction from the coach
jillian swimming in the 'wavy' pool (she's in the middle near the left side of the photo)
Helen is to the right of the blue slide, warming up
jillian receiving some advice from her team mate
swimming friends :)
Helen looking a little sleepy in the marshalling area
Graham ready for his event
jayden the butterfly man
graham and his flip turn
backstroke graham
breast stroke graham... must be an IM :)
jayden swimming his way to the 200IM record
jayden's friends cheering
jillian ready for her backstroke start
and she's off!
real backstroke arms! go jilly!
jillian's friends cheering
Helen is warming up between events
I think this is Helen --- Graham at the end cheering for his sister ---Awe
Helen
Helen
During Advent, our church laid strips of fabric in a manager - each week, the strips were incorporated into the Sermon in various ways. Then after Christmas, the strips were sewn together by some ladies at the church --- I sewed 3 quilts together and have 1 more to finish. I believe the quilts will be given to babies. A really cool project!
No comments:
Post a Comment