Friday, January 17, 2014

SOAS Ambassador

I got the news in early January that I was chosen to be an ambassador for SOAS brand clothing.  www.soasracing.com  SOAS is a brand of women specific endurance sports clothing.  I'm so excited to be a part of this team!!  They make some awesome tri shorts that have extra pockets in the back for all my fuel.  The tri shorts are a little shorter than regular tri shorts and that's nice for hot summer rides but they're not too short for this mom of 4 kids :) 



 Lots of pockets in the shorts to carry all my Ironman food :)
My favorite fuel!

Lately I feel like I've been holding back during my offseason and I've been very restless --- I've painted 2 bathrooms and a laundry room, shoveled A LOT of snow (yes shoveled - no using the snow blower!!!), and even (GASP!) played video games with the kids (we got a Wii U for Christmas)!  I've been trying so hard to "rest" in this brief offseason from the NYC Marathon until my Ironman Boulder training begins the first week of February. 



Last week, I started my first full cycle of the Hansons Marathon Method for the Wisconsin (Kenosha) Marathon in May.  Last fall, I jumped into the training cycle after Ironman Louisville for a just a few weeks before the NYC Marathon --- but having great success in NYC ......3:19.59!!!!!! ..... I'm excited to see what I can do with a full training cycle.  My goal is 3:15 but my stretch goal is 3:10 ---- either time is going to be a challenge for sure but I'm ready for the challenge.  When I'm struggling with the pace, I keep reminding myself it's about being comfortable with the uncomfortable.  I can do this!!! 

Due to the cold, icy, and snowy weather we've had lately here in the lovely Midwest, most of my runs have been on a treadmill - UGH!  and when I've ventured out into the snow it's been slow going.  But I try to keep my overall goals in mind and that keeps me motivated ---- knowing that I'm now representing women out there balancing life and training is an inspiration to me too.

This weekend I plan to blog about my Ironman and half-Ironman goals this summer and how I plan to keep myself focused.

How cool is all this SOAS training and racing gear!!!!

Right after Christmas I had some fun with my racing bibs and medals --- I pinned the bibs all together and decorated our Christmas tree and then I laid the bibs all out on the floor.  I've been doing races since junior high ---- everything from a 5k to an Ironman over the years ----- from Texas to Las Vegas to NYC to Amsterdam to Berlin....... many miles in between :)



My Boston tank top in the middle



No comments: