Chicago Women's Half Marathon --- awesome view of the city behind the photo backdrop!
It was a super HOT race today - I think the temps started out in the 80's and it was humid. I really didn't have a time-goal in mind for this race. I had a tough week of Ironman Training ( 15 hours total of various swim, bike, run activities) - I didn't taper at all for this half-marathon which included a 30 mile bike with my sis-in-law to the Chicago Botanical Gardens yesterday. So fun! I knew it was going to be hot - I tried Nuun for my hydration this time and also water. I ate my usual blueberries at mile 9, it was so hot and I really wasn't hungry but knew I needed to eat. I had an oatmeal/greek yogurt/blueberry wrap for breakfast. I know it's not a true test of what my Ironman will be like for nutrition, etc - but I was pleased with how things went today especially in the heat. my legs felt good the entire race and i felt like i was doing better with my overall form - especially my swinging arm.
Unofficial (Garmin) time - 1:38.32. I think there was something wrong with my timing chip - ugh! because I couldn't find my results online. Based on my interpretations with my Garmin time i finished 7/575 in my age group and 49/3447 runners.
some of my friends had their 20th high school reunion this weekend in Arkansas and they posted this picture of our 3200 meter relay team from 1993! Our record still stands after 20 years!!! amazing!!


1 comment:
Awesome! You were cooking it out there! So great we could meet up!
Post a Comment