Today, I completed my first Century Ride...... and as I'm writing this post - I.AM.STANDING.UP! 100 miles on a bike can make you're..... well just about everything sore! We ended up taking a wrong turn at some point and found ourselves at the finish line only completing 60 miles.... and as you probably guessed - we did not STOP. we turned around to find the 100 mile route and FINISH our ride :) when we arrived at the last hydration/food station - we found nothing but an empty ski resort.... they had closed the aid station already. we had biked about 10 miles without water and i was getting desperate. (it was about 86 degrees this afternoon) i told Ross that we were stopping at the next house that had any sort of movement or any sign of a human around. (we were pretty much biking in the corn and grape fields all day). we found a guy pulling out of his drivway and asked him if we could fill our water bottles out of his garden hose. we headed back out on the course to finish the 100 miles.
before our journey began
Ross thought this sign was funny - Antwerp is a town we visited in Belgium. It was one of the locations where the Tour de France came through last summer.
Ross told me that when you finish a Century Ride - you hold up your bike. I think he was being funny - but after riding 100 miles I certainly wasn't going to sit on the bike for a picture :)
No comments:
Post a Comment